Terms and Conditions
1.1. The iCard is a booking and payment system. It does not give you priority over other users or any extra rights to use the facilities. You can only use facilities when they’re available and open to the public. For some activities (e.g. Profiles), you must complete an induction or agree to our Health Commitment Statement before you are allowed to use the equipment. 1.2. The Council can change the opening hours and add or remove facilities from the iCard scheme at any time. A current list of facilities and their opening hours is available online at ipswichfit.co.uk/find-centre or from one of our centres. 1.3. The iCard is not transferable; it can only be used by the person to whom it was issued. As a member, you agree to have your photo taken for ID purposes. 1.4. The iCard belongs to the Council. You must return it to us if we ask you to. You must present your iCard or swipe it through any fast-track turnstiles or security door every time you use our leisure facilities. If you do not show your iCard at the time of payment, then you may be charged the full rate. 1.5. If you lose your iCard or it is stolen, please tell us as soon as you can. We will cancel your old iCard and issue a replacement. There is an administration fee of £3 to cover the costs of issuing a replacement for a lost or stolen iCard.
2.1. If you have a monthly membership iCard, then you must pay monthly in advance. 2.2. If you owe us any money on your iCard, the Council may suspend or cancel your iCard. 2.3. The Council can change the charge structure and the level of charges at any time. If you pay monthly by Direct Debit, we will write to inform you about the change at least 7 days in advance of your next installment. 2.4. The responsible adult who signs an iCard application for children under the age of 16 must pay all outstanding charges incurred on that card. 2.5. The iCard 12 month membership is a contracted membership. On entering into a contract with us for this membership type you become liable for the cost of the membership for the full term of the contract. Should you cancel before the 12 months is up or your Direct Debit is rejected, you will owe Ipswich Borough Council the remaining balance. Your free month will be given to you in month 12 of the contract. You will lose your free month entitlement should you miss a Direct Debit payment or owe money to Ipswich Borough Council. 2.6. The iCard Annual membership is payable at the start of the membership by Direct Debit. Upon payment in full, your membership will start and last for 12 months. Your membership will automatically renew every 12 months. By signing up to this membership you agree to these terms and conditions. Our cancellation policy for this membership is outlined under Section 5.
3.1. Some activities are bookable in advance and we recommend booking to avoid disappointment. You can book activities online, by phone or in person. From Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 12.00pm all bookings made online, in centre and on the phone will need to be paid for in advance. There is no extra charge for making a booking, however, we do operate a cancellation policy as detailed below:
3.1.1 Cancelling with more than 24 hours’ notice of the start time of the booking will incur no charge. From Tuesday 26th February 2019 cancelling with more than 24 hours’ notice of the start time of the booking will result in a full refund;
3.1.2. Cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice of the start time of the booking will incur a charge. From Tuesday 26th February 2019 cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice of the start time of the booking will mean you are not entitled to a refund. We may, in our absolute discretion, approve a refund if we believe you have a genuine reason for cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice. If you persistently fail to honour bookings, then we may cancel your iCard.
3.1.3 You can only cancel a booking by phoning or visiting the relevant centre. You cannot cancel online or by email.
4.1. We reserve the right to change a fitness class to a suitable alternative in the case of staff absence or illness. We will only cancel a class if we are unable to provide the same or a suitable alternative class. Ipswich Borough Council is not obliged to refund any part of your membership due to cancelled activities. 4.2. All course and class bookings must be made in advance of the course or class starting. A course place is not guaranteed until payment is made in full. 4.3. Persons that make a booking under their iCard are expected to participate in that activity. Failure to participate in that activity may result in other members of the group being refused access and your membership being cancelled or suspended. 4.4. Young people under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the free weights in any of our Profiles Gyms. Failure to abide by this may result in your access to Profiles Gyms being removed.
Ending the Agreement
5.1. You can cancel your iCard at any time but, if you pay by Direct Debit, you must tell us at least 7 days before the date your Direct Debit leaves your account in order to enable us time to process the cancellation. 5.2. If you hold a monthly membership, you will be charged on the basis of a full month’s use. You cannot pay for part of a month. 5.3. To cancel your iCard, please fill in our online form which will be processed within 24 working hours. You will receive an email to confirm. 5.4. We can end the agreement or suspend your iCard with immediate effect if:
5.4.1 you don’t keep to the terms of this agreement;
5.4.2 you owe us money;
5.4.3 you persistently fail to honour bookings you make;
5.4.4 you misuse or behave badly at Council facilities.
5.5. We can end the agreement by giving you one month’s notice if:
5.5.1 we decide to end the iCard scheme or withdraw iCards of the type you hold;
5.5.2 you have a student or concessionary iCard and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
- The person registering for and making online bookings must be the registered iCard member for the iCard being used. iCards are not transferable.
- The actual iCard holder must be attending the activity booked.
- The standard iCard membership Terms and Conditions apply.
- The discovery of any false information leading to the issue of the iCard and subsequent bookings may result in its cancellation.
- iCards remain the property of Ipswich Borough Council.
- Ipswich Borough Council reserves the right to amend, withdraw and/or update the Terms and Conditions of the iCard at their discretion.
- All bookings must be paid for upon booking. If you do not register your attendance at reception for a booked activity, the booking will be logged as ‘failed to attend’. This may affect your iCard membership.
- Bookings made online cannot be cancelled online. Please telephone the centre to do this. You will be eligible for a full refund if you cancel with more than 24 hrs notice. Failure to cancel with more than 24 hrs notice will mean you will lose your payment.
- All players for racquet sports must report to reception prior to playing to register their attendance (monthly paid members). All racquet sport bookings must be paid for in advance.
Junior Code of Conduct
Clubs & Activities
When attending junior clubs and activities you must follow the below rules:
- Play within the rules and respect your coach and the decisions they make.
- Respect each other.
- Arrive on time, as a warm-up is essential for your safety.
- Wear suitable clothing, remove jewellery and tie back long hair.
- Be aware that bullying, swearing and disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Do not take food or drinks onto the playing area.
- Advise your coach of any illnesses or injuries you may have.
As well as following the above rules for clubs and activities, you must:
- Wear socks.
- Only use trampolines when the coach has given permission.
- Not swing or go under the trampolines or end deck.
- Stand beside the trampoline whilst waiting for your turn, if children are too small, their adult should do this.
- Watch the performer and pay attention to your coach.
- Not run around the hall.