Terms and Conditions
A. The iCard is a booking and payment system used by Ipswich Borough Council (the Council) at its leisure facilities. It does not give you priority over other users or any extra rights to use the facilities. You can only use the facilities when they are available and open to the public to use. For some activities (e.g. the Council’s Gyms), you must complete an induction or agree to the Council’s Health Commitment Statement before you will be allowed to use the equipment.
B. The Council can change the opening hours and add or remove facilities from the iCard scheme at any time. A current list of facilities and their opening hours is available online at www.ipswichfit.co.uk or from the centres.
C. The iCard is not transferable – it can only be used by the person to whom it was issued. As a member, you agree to have your photo taken for ID purposes.
D. The iCard belongs to the Council. You must return it to the Council if asked to do so by a member of staff. You must present your iCard or swipe it through any fast-track turnstiles or security door every time you use the Council’s leisure facilities. Failure to do so may result in entry to the facility being refused. If you do not show your iCard at the time of payment, then you may be charged the full rate.
E. If you lose your iCard or it is stolen, please inform the Council as soon as possible. The Council will cancel your old iCard and issue a replacement. There is an administration fee of £3 to cover the costs of issuing a replacement for a lost or stolen iCard.
A. If you have a monthly membership iCard, then you must pay monthly in advance.
B. If you owe the Council any money on your iCard, the Council may suspend or cancel your iCard.
C. The Council can change the charge structure and the level of charges at any time. If you pay monthly by Direct Debit, the Council will write to inform you about the change at least 10 days in advance of your next instalment.Those holding annual membership will not be affected by changes made mid-year
D. The responsible adult who signs an iCard application for children under the age of 16 will be responsible for ensuring that all unpaid charges incurred on that card are paid in full.
E. The iCard 12 month membership is a contracted membership. On entering into a contract with the Council for this membership type you become liable for the cost of the membership for the full term of the contract. Should you cancel before the 12 months is up or your Direct Debit is rejected, any balance for the remaining term of the 12 month contract will be due and owing to the Council. You are required to sign two copies of the 12 month contract upon your first visit to one of the Council’s facilities. If you fail to do so, you will forfeit your right to the discount applied to the 12 month contract membership type, and your monthly payments will revert to the standard monthly rate.
F. The iCard Annual membership fee is payable at the start of the membership by cash or credit/debit card. This membership type is non-refundable. Upon payment, your membership will commence for a period of 12 months, starting on the date payment was received by the Council. At the end of the 12 months your membership will expire and will automatically become a ‘Pay As You Go’ Bookings iCard. You have the option to take out another Annual membership to start at the expiration of your previous Annual membership.
A. Some activities are bookable in advance and the Council recommend booking to avoid disappointment. If payment for an activity is required, this payment must be made in full at the time of booking. You can book activities online, by phone or in person. There is no extra charge for making a booking, however, the Council do operate a cancellation policy as detailed below:
i. Members will receive a full refund for any fee paid for an activity when cancelling with more than 24 hours’ notice of the start time of the booking.
ii. Activity payments will not be refunded when cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice of the start time of the activity booking. The Council may, in its absolute discretion, refund charges if the Council believe you have a genuine reason for cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice.
iii. You can only cancel a booking by phoning or by visiting the relevant Centre. You cannot cancel online or by email.
A. The Council reserve the right to change a fitness class to a suitable alternative in the case of staff absence or illness. The Council will only cancel a class if the Council are unable to provide the same or a suitable alternative class. The Council is not obliged to refund any part of your membership due to cancelled activities.
B. All course and class bookings must be made in advance of the course or class starting. A course or class place is not guaranteed until payment is made in full.
C. Persons that make a booking under their iCard are expected to participate in that activity, unless cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy above. Failure to participate in that activity may result in the activity being cancelled at short notice, other members of the group being refused access and your membership being cancelled or suspended.
D. Young people under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the free weights in any of the Council’s Gyms. Failure to abide by this may result in your access to Gyms being removed.
Ending the Agreement
A. You can cancel your iCard at any time but, if you pay by Direct Debit, you must submit your online cancellation request at least 7 days before the date your Direct Debit leaves your account in order to enable the Council time to process the cancellation.
B. If you hold a monthly membership, you will be charged on the basis of a full month’s use. You cannot pay for part of a month.
C. All 12-month contracts and Annual memberships are non-refundable and cancelling before the end of the period will not result in a refund. Your membership will still be valid to use during this period.
D. To cancel your iCard, please complete the cancellation form online at www.ipswichfit.co.uk
E. The Council can end the agreement or suspend your iCard with immediate effect if:
i. you don’t keep to the terms of this agreement
ii. you owe the Council money
iii. you persistently fail to honour bookings you make, or
iv. you misuse or behave badly at Council facilities
F. The Council can end the agreement by giving you one month’s notice if:
i. the Council decide to end the iCard scheme or withdraw iCards of the type you hold; or
ii. you have a student or concessionary iCard and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
- The person registering for and making online bookings must be the registered iCard member for the iCard being used. iCards are not transferable.
- The actual iCard holder must be attending the activity booked.
- The standard iCard membership Terms and Conditions apply.
- The discovery of any false information leading to the issue of the iCard and subsequent bookings may result in its cancellation.
- iCards remain the property of Ipswich Borough Council.
- Ipswich Borough Council reserves the right to amend, withdraw and/or update the Terms and Conditions of the iCard at their discretion.
- All bookings must be paid for upon booking. If you do not register your attendance at reception for a booked activity, the booking will be logged as ‘failed to attend’. This may affect your iCard membership.
- Bookings made online cannot be cancelled online. Please telephone the centre to do this. You will be eligible for a full refund if you cancel with more than 24 hrs notice. Failure to cancel with more than 24 hrs notice will mean you will lose your payment.
- All players for racquet sports must report to reception prior to playing to register their attendance (monthly paid members). All racquet sport bookings must be paid for in advance.
Junior Code of Conduct
Clubs & Activities
When attending junior clubs and activities you must follow the below rules:
- Play within the rules and respect your coach and the decisions they make.
- Respect each other.
- Arrive on time, as a warm-up is essential for your safety.
- Wear suitable clothing, remove jewellery and tie back long hair.
- Be aware that bullying, swearing and disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Do not take food or drinks onto the playing area.
- Advise your coach of any illnesses or injuries you may have.
As well as following the above rules for clubs and activities, you must:
- Wear socks.
- Only use trampolines when the coach has given permission.
- Not swing or go under the trampolines or end deck.
- Stand beside the trampoline whilst waiting for your turn, if children are too small, their adult should do this.
- Watch the performer and pay attention to your coach.
- Not run around the hall.