Here are some common questions about our birthday parties.

I’ve enquired about a Children’s Birthday Party online – what happens now?

A member of our team will give you a call as soon as possible to confirm if your requested party is available. Once an available time/date is decided, we will take payment and confirm your booking. You will have received an email confirming your enquiry has been received, with some useful party information and the booking terms & conditions attached.

What is the format of sports parties?

Multi-Sports, Rollerskating, Football, Archery, and Trampolining parties all consist of 1 hour 15 minutes of the chosen activity, then 30 minutes for party food. Tables and chairs/benches will be provided for the party food (food not included).

Will there be access to drinking water?

We provide access to drinking water for all party types at all of our Centres. We can provide jugs, however we encourage you to bring in your own if possible. You will need to bring your own squash and fizzy drinks. Please ensure you also bring cups as these are not provided.

Will there be access to a kitchen area?

Access to our kitchen area is only provided for our Soft Play party type (available at Whitton and Gainsborough Sports Centres). All other party types will not have access to a kitchen, all food will need to be prepared prior to the party.

Are baby-changing facilities provided?

We have baby-changing facilities at each Centre; please ask at reception/a member of staff who will direct you.

Are tables provided for food?

We will provide tables for the children to sit at and eat party food (not provided), we will also provide additional tables for you to use. (Table coverings and table wear are not provided)

Will we need to dispose of our own rubbish, and will bin bags be provided?

We will provide bin bags for you to use, and at the end of the party you can leave your litter in the bin bags for a member of our staff to dispose of. We do ask that all parties aim to keep the room as tidy and litter-free as possible.

Will a stereo and music be provided?

Our Rollerskating Parties are set up with a stereo with an aux cable. You will need to bring in your own Phone/Tablet to connect to the stereo, or alternatively you may bring in a CD (we can normally provide a CD if necessary). CD Players are optional for Soft Play parties. If you require music for any other party types, please speak to a member of staff when booking. 

Can I arrive early on the day for the party?

You may arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your party.

Do I need to leave as soon my party finishes?

No, you will have 15 minutes to pack away and take anything with you that you don’t want us to throw away.

Your website states there is a maximum number of children allowed at your parties. Why is this?

Maximum numbers are set for each Party and must not be exceeded. This is to ensure the party environment is safe and safety regulations of the facility and equipment are met.

I need to cancel my party booking. How do I do this?

You will need to phone the Centre where your party was due to take place (01473 433655 then choose the relevant option). Depending on your reason for cancelling, we will try our best to re-arrange your party for another day/time. Our terms and conditions state you must cancel with at least 7 days’ notice to receive a full refund. Any cancellation with less than 7 days notice may result in us retaining your booking fee.

Does the child have to be the age advertised for the party or is there flexibility?

The child who is having the birthday party must be in the age range stated for that party type.

What if I forget a few items like a knife or candles for my party?

We can provide you with a knife if you have forgotten yours, other things like candles we won’t be able to provide.

Is equipment provided for Sports parties?

We provide roller-skates for Rollerskating parties – however, children are encouraged to bring their own roller-skates if they have them. Please note – to speed up the issuing of roller-skates on the day, you may wish to call the Centre prior to the party with a list of required roller-skate sizes, or you may bring in a list of names and skate sizes to the party.

We provide footballs, bibs, cones, and whistles for Football parties.

All other Party types have the necessary equipment provided.

Do you have a fridge and freezer we can put food in before/during the party?

In rare circumstances we may be able to keep small and singular frozen/chilled food items in our fridge/freezer – please phone the Centre before your party if you feel this may be something you require to make the Centre staff aware in advance. 

Sign up to receive Ipswich Fit updates.

You have Successfully Subscribed!